Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Monday, January 9, 2017

Books that I have read these past few months .....

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens: This children's version made for a more easy read although I still did not understand most of what was being said between the characters.

The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie: Would not recommend to anyone or read again; I did finish the book, but most of the happenings were not tied together with the ending.

The Gardener's Quotation Book  edited by Jennifer Taylor: Just beautiful and now I can find quotes to use when needed.

Idaho by Emily Ruskovich: Advance uncorrected proof loaned to me by Gypsi and it was a hard-to- put-down mystery that was unfolded in a delicate journey.

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young: Was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book and I plan to see the movie when it comes out in March 2017 with Gary as I think he will enjoy it also.

The Doll, The Lost Short Stories by Daphne du Maurier: Her short stories are extraordinary. Daphne du Maurier is one of my favorite authors and I have most all of her books in my collection.

Letters and Papers from Prison by Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Was worth reading and I wish I had read it sooner.

A Way in the Wilderness edited by M. G. Einspruch: Interesting insights into the Jewish ways.

Cover Her Face by P.D. James:  Second or maybe third reading; it is one of my favorite and it is one book that the movie does somewhat follow the book.

When God is Silent by Barbara Brown Taylor: Second reading just as insightful as first reading and I will read it again.

In My Own Words, Thomas Merton: I'm always ready to read more reflections of Thomas Merton's and thankful there is a lot offered.

Illuminated Prayers by Marianne Williamson: Beautiful!

Sacred Rhythms Arranging our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton: This book was just what I needed to read for confirmation; will be reading this one over later this year.

The Genesee Diary by Henri J. M. Nouwen: I always underline a lot in Nouwen's books.

Journey in a Holy Land, A Spiritual Journal by M. Basil Pennington: Worth reading again.

The Road to Assisi The Essential Biography of St Francis by Paul Sabatier: Everyone should read this account of the life of St. Francis.


1 comment:

  1. I never did read the Shack, but I have it in the back of my mind to do so!

    ReplyDelete