Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Monday, January 9, 2017

Publications

Below is a list of publications that I have received regularly for many years and like the books I read I think they identify my interest in living.  Guess I should review them to see if all facets of my identity is included.

Victoria Magazine ..... loved this magazine for decades and I keep all issues (except the ones the husband throwed away without my knowledge when we moved from Weaverville, NC).
Tea Time Magazine .... need to renew; they even include some gluten free recipes.

National Wildlife Federation .... part of the Backyard Wildlife Program for South Knoxville Neighborhood. Ranger Rick is a wonderful magazine for children.

Arbor Day .... part of hazelnut tree program (had to leave trees in Erwin, TN); supported this organization for years to benefit trees. Trees are extremely important for me.

Compassion International .... sponsor a young girl named Danitza and we correspond regularly; I am participating in her growing up! This ministry is organized the best ever in all ways!

Voice of the Martyrs ..... committed to pray for a couple of men that share the Gospel in persecuted areas of the world. I am astonished at what is being done in the world!

Samaritan's Purse Shoebox Ministry .... love preparing and sending shoeboxes, usually for a teenage girl, and watching to see which country it goes to; last year was the first year in decades that I didn't participate and I'm not sure how it got away from me.

Contemplative Outreach ..... Silence, Solitude, Solidarity with Thomas Keating, a Benedictine Monk.

Weavings .... A journal of the Christian spiritual life by The Upper Room; multiple contributors.

Central Asia Institute ... education of girls in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan; ministry started by Greg Mortenson and shared in his book "Three Cups of Tea."

No comments:

Post a Comment