Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Monday, November 10, 2014

Currently Reading

Currently reading: these two books, Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell and The Excellency of the Rosary by Math Josef Frings were birthday gifts from my daughter;  this is the second reading of The Cloud of Unknowing; just finished reading Keeping the Sabbath Wholly by Marva J Dawn and will do a blog summary later; reading Made for Goodness by Desmond Tutu & Mpho Tutu, with my Contemplative Prayer Group which meets twice a month for book discussion and prayer.

My reading activity would be incomplete if I failed to mention my devotional reading:  Bible via the Revised Common Lectionary (read the past three years in the B, C, A order); Psalms, using the Common Book of Prayer psalter for the guide to read the entire Psalms each month; Living the Christian Year by Bobby Gross.  During the next few weeks, I will be selecting the books and making devotional plans for the up coming Christian Year.  During Advent and Lent, additional readings are added that are compiled for these seasons and currently, I am trying to finalize a selection for this Advent season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment