Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Monday, November 10, 2014

Kindle and George MacDonald

Forgot to mention the book I am currently reading on Kindle (shows how my mind doesn't always include the Kindle when I'm thinking or saying "books.")  I do love the Kindle that my son-in-law gave to me and the daughter has been assisting me for almost two years in helping me get adjusted to this wonderful gadget. It is amazing to hold all your library selections in one hand and have immediate access to many more books.  And there are so many classics to download and many do not cost a penny!  So I have downloaded all of the free George MacDonald books which I think is around 36.  The one I am reading at this time is The Portent.  If you are not familiar with George MacDonald, he is a 19th century Scottish storyteller and  I recommend beginning with At the Back of the North Wind; although it is considered a book for children, it is for all ages. Here is the link: amazon.com/George-MacDonald/e/  In my library collection, I have several hand-bound editions of George MacDonald which are prepared by the Johannesen Publishing: johannesen.com and they are beautiful hardback copies. Many of the novels of George MacDonald have been edited from the Scots dialect to modern English by Michael Phillips.  amazon.com/Baronets-Song-George-MacDonald/    

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get them downloaded! I do love his books!

    ReplyDelete