Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Friday, January 16, 2015

Books I Want to Read Again or My Recommendations

These books are ones that I want to read again and are the ones I recommend to others for reading.  They are not compiled in any special order. Keeping this list handy will help me remember the titles and where needed, to purchase a copy for my library. A lot of the novels I read are recommendations from Gypsi, who not only has an unbelievable yearly reading quota, but also does book reviews for Amazon, so I am introduced to a large range of books by her. I also love browsing in the library and on their link, searching used book stores and thrift shops, and I can spend an entire evening on the internet downloading free books to my Kindle; I should never visit a chain book store like Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million with a credit card and plenty of time.

The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
Baking Cakes in Kigali, Gaile Parkin
The Book Seller of Kabul, Asne Seirstd 
Reading Lolita in Tehran, Azar Nafisi
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
Room, Emma Donoghue
5th Mountain, Paulo Coelho
Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortison
Solitaire Mystery, Jostein Gaarder
Giver, Lois Lowry
Gathering Blue, Lois Lowry
Messenger, Lois Lowry
Education of Little Tree, Forrest Carter
From My Highest Hill, Olive Tilford Dargan
Going With the Grain, Susan Seligson
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry: A Novel, Gabrielle Zevin
I Captured the Castle, Dodie Smith
Book of Secrets, Elizabeth Joy Arnold
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Shaffer
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, Rachel Joyce
Chasing the Rose, Andrea Di Roilant
Standing Alone in Mecca, Azia Nafisi
The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
All Roads Lead to Austin, Amy Elizabeth Smith

My best enjoyment from reading comes when I'm in the genre of books about other books, or book stores and several of them are listed above. Here are a couple of links to lists:  https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7027.Books_About_Bookstores
http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/books-about-reading 





No comments:

Post a Comment