Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Friday, January 9, 2015

Coloring Books and Crayola Crayons

I always get excited when I meet another adult woman that loves coloring books and crayons. I left the coloring world behind for many years, and came back to it when Gypsi reached the age for coloring. While coloring with her, I realized how enjoyable it was and that it actually relaxed me. When I returned to the work place, I would color at breaks and/or lunch for a mindful relaxation. I discovered adult coloring books when buying coloring books that were not either movie or cartoon illustrated became impossible.  Dover Publications offers some great ones http://store.doverpublications.com/. Then I discovered the benefits of coloring when I started quilting as it helped with determining color schemes. Now the fact that it is indeed a stress-reducer is being promoted. I have a large collection of coloring books and even larger collections of Crayola crayons. Collecting Crayola crayons started with a box of special crayons that Gypsi gave me that were called Gem Tones with names such as Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Smokey Topaz, Pink Pearl. At that time, Crayola had started a big production of a variety of boxed crayons: Metallic, Pearl Brite, Retro, Glitter, State Collection. I would purchase each new one that I found and soon I needed a large box for the collection. With the internet came a Crayola web site http://www.crayola.com showing all the products you may not find or could not purchase at any local store. My favorite Crayola color is Purple Mountain Majesty which was voted #17 for the America's Favorite Top 50 Crayons and #1 was Blue. If you go to the Crayola web site be sure to check out the History link and see the colors that have been retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment