Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Saturday, January 17, 2015

My First Graphic Novel: The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

When researching for books about bookmobiles this is one of the books I found and did not notice it was a graphic novel or I probably would not have requested it from the library.  But I am very glad that I met this book. The story is haunting and the illustrations by the author in full-color pen-and-ink are wonderful. Instead of my review, here is the review that was given by Neil Gaiman on the back of the book.
The Night Bookmobile is a love letter, both elegiac and heartbreaking, to the things we have read, and to the readers that we are. It says that what we read makes us who we are. It's a graphic sort story, beautifully drawn and perfectly told, a cautionary fantasia for anyone who has ever loved books, and I hope the story of the library, of Alexandra, finds it place on the shelves of the night bookmobiles of all of us who'd care. It's a treasure.   --- Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment