Journey:

You will be known forever by the tracks you leave. Native American Proverb

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart. Psalm 90:12

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Daphne Du Maurier

Over the years, I have tried to read all Daphne Du Maurier has written, but I have failed  Of course, it all started with Rebecca! What a story! And you never ever know Mrs. De Winter's name. My next favorites are:  The Glass Blowers, The House on the Strand, The Scapegoat and The Birds. Also read and in my library are the following:  Rule Britannia, Jamaica Inn, Frenchman's Creek, My Cousin Rachel, Mary Anne, The King's General, I'll Never Be Young Again, Hungry Hill, The Parasites, The Flight of the Falcon, The Infernal World of Branwell Bronte,  Don't Look Now. Daphne Du Maurier's autobiography  Myself When Young  and Letters From Menabilly by Oriel Malet are interesting books on her life. Cannot forget to mention that the characters of Rebecca and/or Mrs. De Winter have been continued by other authors:  Rebecca's Tale by Sally Beauman is one I have read.


Still on my To-Read List are several:  Breaking Point, The Loving Spirit, Julius, The Doll: The Lost Short Stories, Castle Dor. Golden Lads, Winding Stair, and Mrs. De Winter by Susan Hill.

1 comment:

  1. The Scapegoat and most all of her short stories are my favorites, after Rebecca, of course.

    ReplyDelete